Shopping for birthday gifts has never been this easy, if you are a Facebook user, that is. Amazon.com made it possible for shoppers to send Amazon gift cards with birthday messages on Facebook. Here’s how it works. A Facebook friend starts the gift and any of the recipient's Facebook friends can contribute, which eventually adds up to one substantial gift.
According to Steve Shure, Amazon’s vice president of traffic, birthdays are a social occasion, and social sites like Facebook make it feasible to send birthday wishes to family and friends worldwide.
Amazon Birthday Gift makes it possible for a single Facebook friend to start a gift at $1, $5, $10 or $25 increments to add to a message, which will be delivered on the recipient’s birthday. When a gift is purchased, the user chooses other Facebook friends, inviting them to contribute to the gift card. Anyone buying and delivering three gift cards by July 21 will receive a $3 credit from Amazon.
Although the number of people buying online gift cards is growing, a recent survey found that 43% of consumers will not buy an online gift card for their next gift purchase. Most consumers said they preferred giving the actual plastic gift card in person. Shoppers were also concerned with Internet safety and technical problems.
Whatever happened to buying an actual personalized gift for her or his birthday? Besides, what if the birthday girl or boy doesn’t like Amazon? Services such as zperfectgift.com let you do a group gift, but the birthday child chooses the gift cards so he or she gets what they want. The free service lets you even include a private video book message which makes the gift more personal. Plus, it's not limited to Facebook users.
So, how personal is sending a gift card via Facebook? Let us know what you think about the new feature.
These days, a personal chef can be affordable. Trivet.me, for example, sends a private chef to your home for just $40. The chef prepares a healthy and delicious meal in about one hour. Clean up is also included. Your graduate will enjoy having healthy meals delivered to their home – a fantastic alternative to take out food or pizza.
Personalized gifts are better than monetary ones. The Internet makes giving personalized gifts easier than ever. You can easily access photos on a graduate’s Facebook or Instagram that highlights memories from high school or college.
Give them the gift of time and travel. Instead of spending money on gifts, plan to take a vacation with your son or daughter. National parks, for example, are popular travel destinations in the U.S. Plan a road trip to the Grand Canyon or Niagara Falls. While there, you can purchase Maid of the Mist tickets to enjoy the most popular and oldest Niagara Falls tour attraction. Or look online for advanced tickets to an unforgettable Grand Canyon tour. Instead of exchanging cash, you could be spending some treasured time together and creating memories of a lifetime.
For a graduate heading off to a new city, GPS can help make the unfamiliar a little easier to navigate. Meitrack’s GPS tracking system features reliability and simplicity of use. For an avid cyclist or hiker, GPS tracking provides location reports quickly and stands up to the worst conditions Mother Nature has to offer.
The world’s most beautiful soccer player played his final game this past Saturday in Paris, France. The 38-year-old soccer icon is retiring from professional soccer after a 20 year career that made him a household name around the globe. In his last game for Paris Saint-Germain FC against Stade Brestois 29, David Beckham said “goodbye” to a cheering crowd with tears in his eyes. His wife Victoria Beckham, the couple’s four children, as well as his mother watched from a luxury suite while he was given an emotional sendoff from the sport. "I tried to get my emotions under control, but in the last 25 minutes was very complicated," said the superstar after the final whistle with reddened eyes.
Family has priority
After a nearly four-month stint on the Seine, Beckham can hardly wait to spend more time with his family in London. According to Beckham, Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and while he is sad to go away, his family is his priority.
His kicking accuracy has made the midfielder one of soccer's biggest stars, and his movie-star status makes him one of the world's most recognizable people. In the summer of 2007 Beckham had come from Real Madrid to join The Los Angeles Galaxy in California. The superstar was brought to the U.S. to give soccer more edge, attention and popularity. The jump in traffic to the Galaxy’s team page rose a striking 2000% after his arrival.
Youth soccer in the U.S.
Shortly after, Beckham opened the David Beckham Academy to offer youth soccer summer camps, targeted to players of all ability levels, ages 8 to 15. The Academy went beyond just earning a soccer trophy, but to provide excellence in pursuit of development. In 2010, the Academy was shut down due to low attendance numbers.
Youth soccer leagues are big business in the US, as more and more youths compete in a sport where speed, agility and strength are crucial to the success of the game. The once mom and pop operations have greatly expanded into pricey, competitive leagues. Parents spend huge amounts of money on soccer training camps, tournament fees, equipment, and personalized soccer gifts which can range from a small embroidered sweatband to a digital soccer video trophy.
Here is what I would like to know. Does it make sense for some parents to spend thousands of dollars each year so that their kids can play on club soccer teams? What are your thoughts on this?
A job interview can be an intimidating experience. It’s the moment when you have to put your best foot forward and show them what you’re made of.
Below are some important tips that will help you stay confident, calm, and completely in control during an interview.
1. Play to your strengths and know your skills. Employers look for certain skills such as honesty, responsibility, and dependability. You need to be very familiar with your skill set before going on any interview. It’s important to identify your marketable skills.
2. Dress appropriately. Appearance plays a big part during an interview. Dress your best, look impeccable; wear clean clothes, and polished shoes.
3. Don’t overdo it. In contrast with popular belief, it’s not necessary to dress up for an interview. Too much make-up, jewelry, or perfume distracts from what's important: your skills, and your experience.
4. Forget cell phones. Before your interview, turn off your cell phone and put it away. Show that your only focus is on the job prospect.
5. Stay organized.The interviewer might ask for additional documents such as referrals, sample work or portfolio. Putting all your important papers in a binder will help you stay organized. Bring the information necessary to complete a job application, such as driver’s license, name and phone number of your past employer, etc.
6. Arrive on time. Know the location of the interview. Arrive on time and be courteous to everyone since you never know who has the power to influence a hiring decision.
7. Eye contact and handshake are crucial. Develop a solid handshake, sit up straight, and keep eye contact when you talk to people. A person's personality can be perceived based on eye contact. Direct eye contact shows high self-esteem and confidence, two important qualities all employers look for.
8. Honesty and humility matter. Be honest about your skills and work experience. No need to exaggerate! Be ready to give examples of your successful skill demonstrations at past jobs. Bad-mouthing a past employer shows lack of judgment on your part.
9. Show enthusiasm and be informed. Show enthusiasm about the job opportunity. Get information on the business, its services and products. Research the company’s web site and read their brochures.
10. Send a Thank-you email. This happens after the interview, but it’s a positive way to stay on an employer's mind. Sending a thank-you email is a polite gesture and it also gives you an opportunity to reiterate your interest in the position.
TWO Bonus Tips:
11. Wear a Watch. This shows that you're a timely person who respects deadlines, etc. No one wants to hire someone that they feel may be tardy frequently.
12. Present an electronic business card. A chance to separate yourself from other interviewees is to bring a video business card (Vidi Pro) which has a high-quality video screen and speaker. You can load up to three of your most persuasive ideas alongside your business card and impress your potential future employer.
If your mother is the tech-savvy business type, here are some great ideas for Mother's Day this year.
Samsung Galaxy Note II Smart Phone
This has to be at the top of our list. One of top new models includes a 1.6 GHz quad-core Exynos processor, a large 5.5 inch HD display, its own "S Pen," Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), and many other high-end features.
The original tablet computer, now available in its fourth generation, featuring the original multi-touch screen, virtual keyboard, built-in Wi-Fi, video and music playback, hi-res camera, voice dictation, the Apple A6 Processor, all digital Lightning connector, and access to over 700,000 apps. The iPad Mini screen size is down from 9.7 inches to 7.9 inches, and does not have quite as high specifications. But it shares practically all the other features of the larger iPad.
Here is a great new high-tech way to introduce one's self or one's business. A video screen the size of a business card can include the important facts about who you are, what you do, how to get more information, and present all of this in an original and surprising way which is sure to make an impression.
This company offers new Wi-Fi enabled devices which track your daily activities, including steps taken, calories burned, distance travelled, active minutes, hours slept, and quality of sleep. The device is called Flex, and comes in the form of a thin wristband, which can also sync with your smart phone or computer. Fitbit also offers similar devices in other forms, as well as a Wi-Fi weight scale./p>
My [vidi] Gifts offers this original gift idea, which places a video screen within a book binding. The product is available in a number of mother's day covers, and up to three 15-minute videos, or video collages can be embedded. The product has its own built-in speakers and rechargeable battery. Here is a great way to give treasured moments in an original gift form which will last forever.
Don't be left behind this Mother's Day. If your mother likes these kinds of high-tech gadgets, there are plenty of great gift ideas to choose from.